2005 Toyota CamryCRM Mitchell1 2023-03-18T22:01:25+00:00
- We tried to verify the customer complaint but found the engine does not crank. We checked for power and ground at the starter and found both are present. We then manually supplied voltage to the starter solenoid and found the starter is internally shorted. These tests confirm that the starter is faulty. We recommend replacing the starter for further diagnosis of the engine ticking noise.
- Replaced the starter assembly, vehicle now starts and a loud noise comes from the pulley area, also noticed no engine oil on dipstick and is low on coolant. Engine idle is low and runs rough. Added 2 quarts of blended 5w-30. Started vehicle and used my steathascope and all components driven by the serp belt make noise, the loudest is the water pump. Removed belt and noise goes away, use a mirror to inspect the bottom of the water pump and has very heavy tracing, water pump has been leaking for a while. Rec throttle body service and water pump, t stat and rad cap replacement to start. Vehicle will need attention in other areas.
- Perform a throttle body service because the throttle body is dirty.
- WATER PUMP – Remove & Replace – In-Line4
- THERMOSTAT &/OR GASKET – Remove & Replace – In-Line4
Nitin V. gave our service a 5 star review on 3/17/2023